Hello friends, and happy 2017!
In the past couple of weeks my mind has on travel travel travel!
I’ve been buried in my calendar mapping out blog content and making travel plans. I’ve never been this organized for my blog, and I am ready to ROCK it! Let me say, I am VERY excited for 2017.
Last year I set a travel resolution list:
- Climb a glacier – fail (this year though!)
- Walk through an ice cave – fail
- Soak in Grjótagjá – check! Well, it’s forbidden to soak in it, but I saw it!
- Visit the Westfjords – check!
- Hike through Landmannalaugar – CHECK! (insert heart eyes emoji)
- þórsmörk – CHECK!
I knew it was a lofty goal, but I’m happy to say I completed 4 out of the 6 resolutions! Each and every one that was checked off was just as amazing as I had imagined.
Living in Iceland for my first full year, I was really motivated to get out and explore.
Having access to the breathtaking Icelandic nature in my backyard was like a dream come true! I wanted to see as much as I could. I would get done with work and spontaneously go for a hike. We camped, we drove, we explored, and we loved every minute.
Here are the highlights from the year:
- 10 Must See Places on an Ireland Road Trip
- Snowboarding in Switzerland – Verbier vs. Zermatt Ski Resorts
- A weekend in the Breathtaking Westfjords
- Reflections on 1 year in Iceland
- My Favorite Icelandic Saying – Thetta Reddast
- The Most Terrifying Driving Experience of my Life
Hooray for 2016 adventures!
Most helpful Iceland planning posts from 2016:
- 10 Awesome Day Trips from Reykjavik
- South Iceland: A Guide to the Best Stops
- Everything You Need to Know about Camping in Iceland
- 19 Ways to Save Money in Iceland
- 7 Budget Friendly Restaurants in Reykjavik
- 5 Wifi Options for Traveling in Iceland
I’ve also been working on making our 2016 year in travel video but it is taking me WAY longer than I expected! Editing down hundreds of hours of footage is no quick task! But it will be worth it in the end, so stay tuned for that.
This year is going to be amazing as well. I don’t know how we can top the traveling we did in 2016 but we are going to try! We’ve already booked a few big trips including Finland & Estonia in February and Banff in March!
Looking ahead at the year, I want it to be an awesome year for the blog soooooo…..
I NEED YOUR HELP!
I want to continue to help you plan your best Iceland trips ever! That’s why I’m asking you to take my 3 minute survey.
It won’t take you long, but it will be SOOOOOO helpful for me to create content that you want to see this year!
This is a win-win people. You tell me what you want to read, I write about it, your Iceland questions are answered!
So if you’re planning a trip to Iceland, make SURE to take a few minutes to answer these questions.
Cheers to a travel-filled 2017!
Question: Where are you traveling to in 2017?
Planning a trip to Iceland?
Good news: I made an entire library of FREE resources, to make your life easier!
- Instantly download checklists, guidebooks, maps, and more!
- PLUS: Instant access to the Iceland Travel Team Facebook group - a community of people to connect and interact with, ask questions, and share your awesome Iceland travel experiences!